The 2022 NFL playoffs begin on Saturday afternoon with a clash on the AFC side of the bracket. The No. 4-seeded Cincinnati Bengals will host the No. 5 Las Vegas Raiders in one of the more intriguing Wild Card round games on the schedule.
Read on for a closer look at this Raiders at Bengals contest the start time, TV channel, live stream site, full list of odds, predictions against the spread, winning picks and more.
You can also find a complete 2022 NFL Playoff bracket and schedule for all the Wild Card round matchups below.
2022 NFL Playoffs Bracket, Schedule
The NFL tweeted out the entire 14-team playoff bracket:
MORE FOR YOU
1. Tennessee Titans (BYE)
2. Kansas City Chiefs vs. 7. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun, Jan. 16 at 8:15 p.m. on NBC)
3. Buffalo Bills vs. 6. New England Patriots (Sat, Jan. 15 at 8:15 p.m. on CBS)
4. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 5. Las Vegas Raiders (Sat, Jan. 15 at 4:30 p.m. on NBC)
1. Green Bay Packers (BYE)
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. 7. Philadelphia Eagles (Sun, Jan. 16 at 1:05 p.m. on Fox)
3. Dallas Cowboys vs. 6. San Francisco 49ers (Sun, Jan. 16 at 4:40 p.m. on CBS)
4. Los Angeles Rams vs. 5. Arizona Cardinals (Mon, Jan. 17 at 8:15 p.m. on ESPN)
Bengals (10-7) vs. Raiders (10-7) AFC Wild Card Preview
Matchup: AFC No. 5 at AFC No. 4
Date: Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022
Start Time: 4:30 p.m. ET
Location: Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
Live Stream: NBC Sports Live
Cincinnati is back in the postseason for the first time in over a half-decade. The team will look to finally break through and win a Wild Card matchup after falling short in the round in each of its past seven postseason appearances.
The Bengals haven’t made it past the first round since 1990, besting the Houston Oilers in the Wild Card that season before going on to lose to the Raiders in the Divisional round.
While the Raiders got the best of Cincinnati in that contest and hold a 21-12 advantage in the all-time series, the Bengals have dominated Las Vegas in recent years. Cincinnati has won four of the last five meetings between these clubs, including a 32-13 victory back in November.
The Raiders struggled to contain Joe Mixon in that contest, allowing the Bengals back to go off for 123 yards and two touchdowns.
Las Vegas couldn’t do much offensively, with QB Derek Carr notching a meager 215 yards and one touchdown in his fifth-worst passing performance of 2021.
If the Raiders can’t get their offense going this time around, they will have a tough time advancing past the Wild Card round for the first time since 2002.
The franchise has made just one prior postseason appearance since losing Super Bowl XXXVII, falling in the opener against the Texans in 2016.
Bookmakers are giving a large edge to Cincinnati today, installing the home side as a six-point favorite. With homefield advantage and a history of beating this opponent on their side, the Bengals will be a tough out.
Don’t write a Cincy victory in with pen just yet though, as their young roster—relying on key players making their first playoff run such as Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase—could be tested by a Raiders foe that has overcome a litany of challenges during a trying campaign.
Raiders at Bengals Wild Card Odds
Point Spread: Cincinnati -6
The Bengals opened as a 6.5-point favorite, but that line has since shifted down a half-point to its current number.
The public is split on the point spread as it stands, with Cincinnati holding the slightest edge in bets (51 percent), but an overwhelming majority of the handle is siding with the underdog.
With only a few hours left until kickoff, the Raiders have garnered a whopping 91 percent of the cash bet on this matchup.
Total: Over-under 48.5 points
The total on the opening game of the NFL playoffs has remained stagnant since going up on the board at 48.5 points.
Despite over two-thirds (67 percent) of the public taking the over, bookmakers have elected to keep the line stable.
One major reason for this is that sharper bettors have been hammering the under, evidenced by 65 percent of the handle on that side of the total.
Moneyline: CIN -230, LV +190
Bettors wishing to forego the spread and simply pick a winner will find that the Bengals are slightly better than a 2-1 favorite in their playoff opener. Cincinnati’s -230 odds mean one would need to risk $2.30 to win $1 on the team advancing on the playoff bracket.
The Raiders are a +190 underdog, meaning bettors would net $1.90 for each $1 staked on an upset.
Based on these moneyline odds, the implied probability of a Las Vegas win is 34.5 percent. The Bengals have an implied probability of 69.7 percent to outright win today. These totals eclipse 100 percent due to the vig, which is the cut a sportsbook takes for facilitating bets.
Bengals vs. Raiders Betting Trends
- The Bengals have dominated the Raiders over the last decade, going 4-1 straight-up (SU) and 5-0 against the spread (ATS) across their last five meetings.
- The total has gone 3-1-1 towards the UNDER in the last five games involving these clubs.
- The home team has won eight of the last 10 matchups between Cincinnati and Las Vegas. The Bengals have won each of their last six games at Paul Brown Stadium against the Raiders.
- The favorite covered the spread in four of the last five contests between these foes.
- Both Vegas and Cincy are riding winning streaks into the 2022 NFL Playoffs. The Raiders have outright won each of their last four games, covering in three straight. The Bengals—who won three key games in a row leading up to Week 18—lost but still covered in a meaningless season-finale, pushing their cover streak to four consecutive contests.
- The Bengals were one of the better teams to bet on in 2021, covering in 58.8 percent of their contests (10-7 ATS). The Raiders didn’t fare as well against the number, managing a 47.1 percent cover rate (8-9 ATS) in the same span.
- Both Cincinnati and Las Vegas saw their respective contests trend slightly under this year. Each team went 9-8 towards the under.
- The Bengals were average at home this year, going 5-4 SU (3-2 SU as a favorite) and 4-5 ATS (2-3 as a favorite) at Paul Brown Stadium.
- The Raiders traveled well in 2021, especially when they were underestimated. The club notched a 5-3 SU (4-2 SU as an underdog) and 4-4 ATS (4-2 ATS as an underdog) record away from Vegas.
Raiders at Bengals Predictions
Spread Pick: LV +6
Total Pick: Under 48.5 points
Prediction: Bengals 24 – Raiders 21