No 10 apologises to Queen over parties on eve of Prince Philip funeral

Boris Johnson’s spokesperson says ‘it’s deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning’

No 10 has apologised to the Queen for two parties that took place in Downing Street on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral last year, Boris Johnson’s spokesperson has said.

The Daily Telegraph reported that two separate leaving parties, for the former director of communications James Slack and a government photographer, were held on 16 April, with drinking continuing into the early hours.

Join our journalists for a Guardian Live online event on the No 10 lockdown party and Boris Johnson’s future on Wednesday 19 January. Book here

Continue reading…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *