To qualify for the award of B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD degree in Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics & Statistics, and Physics, a student must satisfy the following:
- Register for, sit examination on, and Pass all prescribed core courses;
- Register for and sit examination on all cognate and elective courses;
- Earn a minimum of 143 and 102 credit units including electives, if admitted into 100 Level or 200 Level for undergraduate studies and must possess a, respectively;
- Have done SIWES and submitted an acceptable report to the Department which must be defended in the presence of Panel of Examiners;
- Have written and presented a seminar in the Department under the supervision of a Panel of Examiners;
- Have conducted a Final Year Research Project and submitted an acceptable report to the Department which must be defended in the presence of Panel of Examiners
The above also applies to all Post graduate Students in the Faculty of Physical Sciences.